Get Testnet Tokens
In this guide, we will show you how to use a Goerli faucet to load your wallet with testnet ETH and how to obtain Goerli rETH or stETH so you can start testing liquid restaking.
Before you can use a faucet to load your wallet with testnet ETH, you will need:
- An Ethereum-compatible wallet (e.g. MetaMask)
- Your ETH address
Once you have a Goerli-compatible wallet and a Goerli ETH address, you can use a Goerli faucet to load your wallet with testnet ETH. Here's how to do it:
- 2.Sign in and copy your Goerli ETH address and paste it into the field on the faucet website.
- 3.Complete the captcha or other verification method, if required by the faucet.
- 4.Click the "Send me test Ether" button to initiate the transfer.
- 5.Wait for the transfer to complete. The amount of testnet ETH you receive may vary depending on the faucet and the current network conditions.
- 6.Check your Goerli wallet to confirm that the testnet ETH has been added.
Once you have goETH in your wallet you simply send a transaction to the stETH token contract address for the amount of stETH you want to swap:
- Open your Wallet
- Click SEND
- Paste: 0x1643E812aE58766192Cf7D2Cf9567dF2C37e9B7F
- On MetaMask click "I Understand"
- Enter the amount you want to swap & confirm the transaction
- Click NEXT
- Click CONFIRM
- Add 0x1643E812aE58766192Cf7D2Cf9567dF2C37e9B7F to your wallet
- Stake the amount of goETH you want to test
- Confirm the transaction
- Add: 0x178E141a0E3b34152f73Ff610437A7bf9B83267A to your wallet
Congratulations! You can now use this testnet ETH and rETH or stETH to test the liquid restaking features.