Ejection Due to Non-Signing
EigenDA Operators are responsible for receiving data blobs, securely storing them, and providing digital signatures for these blobs as requested by the Disperser. The system has specific consequences if Operators fail to sign the requested blobs:
- Increased Gas Costs: In the EigenDA network, the gas costs to the protocol escalate proportionally with the number of Operators who do not sign the blobs. This means that as more Operators refrain from signing and the longer they remain non-responsive, the higher the Ethereum (ETH) gas costs become for the entire network.
- Impact on Quorum Liveness: The reliability of the quorum is compromised if a significant number of Operators cease signing operations. This can lead to a failure in processing requests that require a higher quorum threshold, as there won't be enough signatures to meet the necessary criteria.
Manual and Automated Ejection of Non-Compliant Operators
Operators who consistently fail to return signatures to the Disperser will be subject to removal by the EigenDA team. Initially, this ejection process will be conducted manually. Over time, however, it will transition to an automated system, with the protocol itself handling the ejection of Operators who do not adhere to the required standards of operation.
Ejection Criteria for EigenDA Operators
Operators with less than 4% stake
- Warning Issued: If an operator drops more than 10% of requests within a 48-hour period. Ejection Policy: Operators will be ejected if they fail to
- address the issue within 48 hours following the warning.
Operators with a stake of 4% or more
- When Network Attestation Rate is Above 80%*
- Warning Issued: If an operator drops more than 10% of requests within a 48-hour period.
- Ejection Policy: Operators will be ejected if they fail to address the issue within 48 hours following the warning.
- When Network Attestation Rate is Below 80%*
- Warning Issued: If an operator drops more than 10% of requests within a 6-hour period.
- Ejection Policy: Operators will be ejected if they fail to address the issue within 6 hours following the warning.
This structured approach ensures a fair and responsive mechanism for maintaining network integrity, with different thresholds based on the operator's stake and the overall network performance. Please note the criteria may change over time.
*Percentage of active stake vs. total stake. This will be monitored by how much stake has signed the last batch.